By Leslie N. Dees
Stormy conditions Sunday are believed to be the cause of a house fire on Fairground Street.
Kosciusko Fire Chief Dwain Burdine said they believe that lightning started the fire in the laundry room.
A Med-Stat Ambulance crew, who was eating nearby, saw the smoke and was prompted to the scene, Burdine said.
After receiving an emergency call, KFD arrived quickly thereafter.
Damage was sustained in the laundry room, hallway, bathroom and carport of the home.
There was smoke damage throughout, Burdine said.
Residents had the laundry room door shut which helped to contain the smoke and prevent additional damage, Burdine said.
The fire was contained quickly and firefighters were on the scene for several hours.
No injuries were reported.