Peggy Price Sims
Four have been charged for breaking into a Kosciusko business on Highway 35 North Sunday.
Christopher Williams, 20, Deaven C. Moore, 22, David Dylan Stewart, 18, and a juvenile have been charged with burglary of Class N Country.
The Kosciusko Police Department was alerted to the incident when an alarm was activated.
Officers arrived and discovered the front door had been kicked in and merchandise had been taken a press release stated..
Shortly after a traffic stop was made on a vehicle in the area, stolen merchandise was found in the vehicle and arrests were made.
The KPD investigators thanked Cpt. Herbert Dew, Cpl. Dirk Thayer, and officer Jimmy Evans for their dedication and assistance with the investigation of this case and recovery of merchandise from the business.
The KPD reports the following arrests:
– On Monday, Markeith Deshon Levy, 19, was arrested for no driver’s license, possession of marijuana in a vehicle, and loud noise violation on Cannonade Street by officer Greg Collins.
– On Monday, Andra Jackson, 47, was arrested for suspended driver’s license and speeding on Highway 35 South by Collins.
–On Saturday, Latasha Ashford, 31, was arrested for suspended driver’s license and expired tag on Highway 12 East by Evans.
– On Saturday, Lusherra Johnson, 37, was charged with selling liquor without a permit on South East Street by Cpl. Robert Land.
– On Saturday, Jamie L. Cumberland, 33, was charged with expired tag and no proof of insurance on Highway 35 South by Evans.
– On Sunday, Joseph Wayne Spell, 38, was charged with suspended driver’s license on Highway 12 by Evans.
–On Sunday, Derrick Welch, 32, was arrested for public drunkenness at Cannonade Apartments by Evans.