The Kosciusko Police reports:
On December 27, Sammy David Ellis Jr., 44, was arrested for disorderly conduct at a business, resisting arrest, and possession of a controlled substance misdemeanor at Parkway Plaza by Capt. Thomas Clark.
On December 28, Johnny Ray Gregory, 50, was arrested for possession of marijuana in a vehicle and contributing to the delinquency of a minor at Northside Park by officer Bradley Fancher.
On December 23, Rodriquez Rashad Clay, 25, was arrested for false identifying information on East Jefferson Street by Capt. Chris Busbea.
On December 22, Margaret Grace Davenport, 22, was arrested for possession of marijuana in a vehicle and contributing to the delinquency of a minor on Highway 19 North by Busbea.
On December 22, Dolfus Brooks, 49, was arrested for suspended driver’s license on North Natchez Street by officer Greg Collins.
On December 22, James Lee Stariling, 63, was arrested for domestic violence on Old Vaiden Road by Fancher.
On December 21, Stephanie Ann Snow, 43, was arrested for no driver’s license and speeding on Highway 12 West by Collins.
The Kosciusko Police reports:
- Local News
Cyclists move down Jefferson Street during the National Ride of Silence May 22.
Ride of Silence held in Kosciusko
Cyclists gathered in Downtown Kosciusko May 15 to take part in the National Ride of Silence. The mission of the world wide ride is to honor bicyclists killed by motorists, promote sharing the road, and provide awareness of bicycling safety.
- Diplomas to be handed out Friday
- Shoplifter charged Monday, others charged
- Grand old lady shines: City of Kosciusko celebrates first phase of The Strand with lighting ceremony
- City looks at Sunday beer sales
- Ride of Silence held in Kosciusko
Whippets fall to Patriots
The Kosciusko Whippets were fresh off an emotional quarterfinal series victory over Tishomingo County when the Lewisburg Patriots came to town on Thursday night.
- Spring drills end for area high schools
- Myer wins state, Hill finishes third
- To the wire, Kosy defeats Braves
- KHS hires Greenleaf
- Whippets fall to Patriots
May 23, 1963
When Mary Ellen Scarborough steps across the stage of the Kosciusko High School auditorium to receive her diploma on Friday evening, she will be the third child of Rev. and Mrs. Ben C. Scarborough to finish Kosciusko High with a perfect attendance record. Benjy, who finished KHS in 1959, will be graduating from Mississippi College on June 2. Jack, who finished KHS in 1961, graduated from Holmes Junior College on May 19. All three have been active in student, church, and community affairs and have been honor roll and dean’s list students.
- Relay for Life raises funds
- Pioneer Day:Annual French Camp event provided activities for all ages
- Elvis and a snake. . . Oh my!
To ‘my boy’ and the Class of 2013
Legendary coach Vince Lombardi said, "The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand."
- Can ‘good’ news sell the newspaper?
- On Getting ‘Stranded’
- Fear of Big Red canceled fishing
- Summertime visiting
- To ‘my boy’ and the Class of 2013
‘Dig Into Reading’ activities planned at library
“Dig Into Reading” is the theme for this summer’s 2013 Summer Library Program co-sponsored by the Attala County Library and the Mississippi Library Commission.
- MHS cheerleaders planning pageant
- FFA Chapter selling plants at CT Center
- Basketball tourney set at B&G Club
- Planning meeting for school reunion Saturday
- ‘Dig Into Reading’ activities planned at library