IN THE CHANCERY COURT OF ATTALA COUNTY
THE STATE OF MISSISSIPPI
CIVIL ACTION NO. 2016-128
IN THE MATTER OF:
THE ESTATE OF
OPAL FRANCES WILLIAMS
SUMMONS BY PUBLICATION
THE STATE OF MISSISSIPPI
TO: The absent and unknown wrongful death beneficiaries of Opal Frances Williams, deceased
NOTICE TO RESPONDENTS
THE COMPLAINT CURRENTLY PENDING IN THIS CIVIL ACTION IS IMPORTANT AND YOU MUST TAKE IMMEDIATE ACTION TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS.
You are summoned to appear and defend against said COMPLAINT at 9:00 o’clock a.m. on the 15th day of June, 2017, in the Chancery courtroom of the Attala County Courthouse at Kosciusko, Mississippi, and in case of your failure to appear and defend a judgment will be entered against you for the relief demanded in said Complaint.
You are not required to file an answer or other pleading but you may do so if you desire.
ISSUED UNDER MY HAND AND OFFICIAL SEAL OF SAID COURT, this the 17th day of April, 2017.
GERRY TAYLOR, CHANCERY CLERK
OF ATTALA COUNTY, MISSISSIPPI
BY: Linda Adams
Dates of Publication:
May 4, 2017;
May 11, 2017;
and May 18, 2017
AMANDA TRAWICK RAINEY
MISSISSIPPI STATE BAR NO. 99694
WITHERSPOON & COMPTON
POST OFFICE BOX 845
MERIDIAN, MISSISSIPPI 39302-0845
IN THE CHANCERY COURT OF ATTALA COUNTY, MISSISSIPPI
CIVIL ACTION FILE NO. 17-117
THE LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT
OF GERALDINE RUSSELL, DECEASED
BERNARD RUSSELL, PETITIONER
NOTICE TO CREDITORS
Letters Testamentary having been granted to the undersigned by an order of the Chancery Court of Attala County, Mississippi, under date of May 8, 2017, notice is hereby given to all persons having claims against the Estate of Geraldine Russell, to have the same probated and registered by the Clerk of the Chancery Court of Attala County, Mississippi, within ninety (90) days from the date of the first publication of this Notice to Creditors and that a failure to probate and register any such claim within said ninety (90) days will bar the claim.
WITNESS MY SIGNATURE on this the 8th day of May, 2017.
ESTATE OF GERALDINE RUSSELL, DECEASED
BY: BERNARD RUSSELL, EXECUTOR
DORRILL & PETTIT
NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTED TRUSTEE'S SALE
WHEREAS, on March 16, 2016, Scotty Jennings and wife, Crystal Jennings, executed a Land Deed of Trust, under the terms of which the hereinafter described real property, together with all buildings, improvements and fixtures, easements, right-of-ways and appurtenances, were conveyed to Jason M. White, as Trustee, to secure the payment to William H. Barrett of an indebtedness therein described, which deed of trust is recorded in Land Deed of Trust Book 1056, at Page 348, of the land deed records of Attala County, Mississippi; and,
WHEREAS, by the terms of said Land Deed of Trust the Beneficiary or any owner or holder of the note secured thereby may, at pleasure, without giving any notice to the grantor or to the original or any successor trustee, and without regard to the willingness or inability of any such trustee to act or to execute said trust, appoint another person or succession of persons to act as trustee therein, and such appointee or substitute shall have all the powers in the execution of said trust as are vested in the trustee therein named; and,
WHEREAS, George Dorrill was substituted and appointed and named trustee in said Land Deed of Trust, according to its terms, by an instrument in writing, dated May 1, 2017, duly executed, acknowledged, sealed, and delivered by William H. Barrett, the Beneficiary, owner and holder of said Land Deed of Trust and the note secured thereby, and filed for record among the land deed records of Attala County, Mississippi, on the 1st day of May, 2017, and actually spread at large upon the land deed records of said county and recorded on the 1st day of May, 2017, in Land Deed of Trust and Mortgage Book 1084, at Page 581 of the land deed records of said county; and,
WHEREAS, default has been made in the performance of the conditions in said Deed of Trust to William H. Barrett as beneficiary, and the holder thereof, William H. Barrett, has declared the entire indebtedness secured thereby due, and has requested the undersigned, George Dorrill, Substituted Trustee, to sell said real property, together with all buildings, improvements and fixtures, easements, right-of-ways and appurtenances, as provided by said Deed of Trust:
THEREFORE, the undersigned, George Dorrill, Trustee, will between the hours of 11:00 o'clock a.m., and 4:00 o'clock p.m., on June 2, 2017, at the South door of the Attala County Courthouse in the City of Kosciusko, Attala County, Mississippi, offer for sale and sell at public outcry to the highest bidder for cash the following described real property, together with all buildings, improvements and fixtures, easements, right-of-ways and appurtenances, and being located and situated in Attala County, Mississippi, to-wit:
The NE 1/4 of the NW 1/4 of Section 2, Township 13 North, Range 6 East, LESS AND EXCEPT the right-of-way for Illinois Central Railroad.
ALSO the following described land: Beginning at the intersection of the West boundary line of the W 1/2 of the SE 1/4 of Section 35, Township 14 North, Range 6 East, with the South side of the right-of-way of Mississippi State Highway No. 12, thence running South to the Southwest corner of the SE 1/4 of said section, township and range, thence East 210 feet, thence North to the South boundary line of the right-of-way of Mississippi State Highway No. 12, thence West 210 feet to the Point of Beginning, the same being a strip of land 210 feet of equal width off the entire West side of the W 1/2 of the SE 1/4 of Section 35, Township 14 North, Range 6 East, which lies South of Mississippi State Highway No. 12.
LESS AND EXCEPT:
All of the NE 1/4 of the NW 1/4 of Section 2, Township 13 North, Range 6 East, that lies South of Illinois Central Railroad right-of-way, containing 7 acres, more or less.
A parcel of land located in Attala County, Mississippi, and more particularly described as commencing at the intersection of the East boundary line of the SW 1/4 of Section 35, Township 14 North, Range 6 East, and the Southern boundary line (right-of-way boundary) of Mississippi State Highway No. 12, and from said point run South along an old wire fence line and the hedgerow which marks the East boundary line of the SW 1/4 of Section 35, Township 14 North, Range 6 East, a distance of 50 feet to a metal stake; thence run North 54° West 55 feet to a metal stake located on the Southern right-of-way boundary line of Mississippi State Highway No. 12, thence run along the Southern right-of-way boundary line of said Highway No. 12 North 67°45' East 47 feet to the Point of Beginning. This parcel of land is located in the SE 1/4 of the SW 1/4 of Section 35, Township 14 North, Range 6 East, Attala County, Mississippi, and contains 0.03 acres.
All of that certain property conveyed to Delma Noel Summers and wife, Minnie Nail Summers, by Marvin Larry Pickle by that certain Deed dated January 12, 1987, recorded in Attala County, Mississippi, Land Deed Book 423, at page 614 thereof, reference to which is hereby specially made.
The above property is the same property as conveyed to Scotty Jennings and wife, Crystal Jennings, by William H. Barrett by that certain Warranty Deed dated March 16, 2016, recorded in Attala County, Mississippi, Land Deed Book 817, at page 648 thereof.
Title to the above property is thought to be good, but the undersigned will convey only such title as is vested in him as Substituted Trustee.
WITNESS MY SIGNATURE on this the 5th day of May, 2017.
/s/ GEORGE DORRILL
DORRILL & PETTIT
105 South Madison Street
Kosciusko, Mississippi 39090
RESOLUTION DECLARING A NEED TO LEASE SCHOOL FACILITIES, EQUIPMENT AND OTHER ITEMS
BE IT RESOLVED by the Board of Trustees (the "Board") of the Kosciusko School District, Kosciusko, Mississippi (herein referred to as the "District"), as follows:
1. A need exists in the District for the renovation, improvement, construction and equipping of up to five (5) school facilities within the District.
2. The District cannot provide the necessary funds to pay the cost or its proportionate share of the cost of the renovations, improvements, construction and equipping of the school facilities required to meet the present needs of the District.
3. The District desires to sell, lease, lend, grant, or otherwise convey to a corporation, individual or partnership, with or without consideration, or to permit such corporation, individual or partnership to use, maintain or operate as part of public school facilities, pursuant to Sections 37-7-351 through 37-7-359 of the Mississippi Code of 1972, as amended (the "Act") up to five (5) school facilities and/or the equipment or improvements to be installed or made therein, together with other real or personal property which may be necessary, useful or convenient for the purposes of the District. Any such sale, lease, loan, grant or conveyance shall be for a period of time not to exceed twenty (20) years, and title to any real or personal property transferred by the District shall revert to the District at the expiration of such term.
4. The District desires to lease or lease-purchase up to five (5) school facilities and/or the equipment or improvements to be installed or made therein, which may include the school facilities or equipment, personal property, improvements and other real property sold, granted, or otherwise conveyed by the District pursuant to paragraph 3 above.
5. The District proposes to take final action upon the question of the sale, lease, loan, grant or other conveyance of such school facilities and/or the equipment and improvements to be installed or made therein, and on the question of leasing or lease-purchasing such school facilities and/or the equipment and improvements to be installed or made therein, at a regular meeting of the Board of Trustees of the District to be held at 6:00 p.m. on June 12, 2017, at the Board's regular meeting place in the District Office located at 229 West Washington Street, in the City of Kosciusko, Mississippi, which date is not less than thirty days after the date of first publication of this resolution, unless prior to such meeting a petition signed by not less than twenty percent (20%) or fifteen hundred (1,500), whichever is less, of the qualified electors of the District shall be filed with the District requesting that an election be called on such question. If such a petition is timely filed, the District shall, not later than its next regular meeting, adopt a resolution calling an election to be held within the District upon the questions of authorizing the Board to sell, lease, lend, grant or otherwise convey such facilities and/or the equipment to be installed or made therein, and to lease or lease-purchase such facilities and/or the equipment to be installed or made therein. Such election shall be called and held, and the result determined, pursuant to and as provided by the Act.
Having received a majority of the affirmative votes of the Board, the Resolution passed on May 8, 2017.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF THE KOSCIUSKO SCHOOL DISTRICT
NOTICE OF SUBSTITUTE TRUSTEE S SALE
STATE OF MISSISSIPPI COUNTY OF ATTALA
WHEREAS, default has occurred in the performance of the covenants, terms and conditions of a Deed of Trust dated March 16, 2013, executed by DAVID W. BLACKWELL, SHELA M. BLACKWELL, conveying certain real property therein described to MICHAEL LYON, as Trustee, for MORTGAGE ELECTRONIC REGISTRATION SYSTEMS INC AS NOMINEE FOR QUICKEN LOANS INC., Original Beneficiary, to secure the indebtedness therein described, as same appears of record in the office of the Chancery Clerk of Attala County, Mississippi filed and recorded March 28, 2013, in Deed Book 984, Page 383;
and WHEREAS, the beneficial interest of said Deed of Trust was transferred and assigned to Quicken Loans Inc.;
and WHEREAS, the undersigned, Rubin Lublin, LLC has been appointed as Substitute Trustee;
and NOW, THEREFORE, the holder of said Deed of Trust, having requested the undersigned so to do, as Substitute Trustee or his duly appointed agent, by virtue of the power, duty and authority vested and imposed upon said Substitute Trustee shall, on June 15, 2017 within the lawful hours of sale between 11:00AM and 4:00PM at the south door of the Courthouse proceed to sell at public outcry to the highest and best bidder for cash or certified funds ONLY, the following described property situated in Attala County, Mississippi, to wit:
LOT NO. 32 OF REDBUD ESTATES SUBDIVISION OF THE CITY OF KOSCIUSKO, MISSISSIPPI, ACCORDING TO THE MAP AND PLAT OF SAID SUBDIVISION NOW ON FILE IN ATTALA COUNTY, MISSISSIPPI PLAT BOOK 4 AT PAGE 23 THEREOF IN THE OFFICE OF THE ATTALA COUNTY, MISSISSIPPI CHANCERY COURT CLERK, REFERENCE TO WHICH IS HEREBY SPECIALLY MADE.
PROPERTY ADDRESS: The street address of the property is believed to be 202 BIRDIE TRL, KOSCIUSKO, MS 39090.
In the event of any discrepancy between this street address and the legal description of the property, the legal description shall control. Title to the above described property is believed to be good, but I will convey only such title as is vested in me as Substitute Trustee.
THIS LAW FIRM IS ATTEMPTING TO COLLECT A DEBT. ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED WILL BE USED FOR THAT PURPOSE.
Rubin Lublin, LLC,
428 North Lamar Blvd, Suite 107
Oxford, MS 38655
Tel: (877) 813-0992
Fax: (404) 601-5846
Attala Properties, LLC located on Williamsville Road, Kosciusko, MS 39090 will sell the contents of the following storage units on Saturday, May 27, 2017 at 9:00 a.m.:
706 Fairground Street
Kosciusko, MS 39090